Production blog: Reshoot

 Hey blog, today I will be talking about the scenes we re filmed and added.

Once we realized we needed to reshoot some scenes I made a group chat with everyone to contact them easier. We had to shoot soon since our due date was coming up. The day we chose was Saturday, March 9. I sent the film in the group chat and reminded everyone to wear the same clothing they had.

Saturday morning I had to prepare my house to film. I cleaned my whole house, blew up balloons, organized everything. I wanted to reshoot the scene of Christel opening the present, but I didn’t have anymore wrapping paper. I went to 2 dollar trees and Micheal’s but I couldn’t find it since it was Christmas theme. I had a small box that acted as a prop for the film, carefully unwrapped it, and wrapped one half of the shoe box. 

We told the actors to arrive around 4 since last time they came to late. Unfortunately Lynn wasn’t able to come, but we had to make it work. We still ended up starting at 6 since we needed the sun to go down.

I started by filming the establishing shot so I had to move the cars out the drive way to film. I used a tilt shot to film the car driving up and a pan shot to film the car entering the driveway. 

The next scene we filmed was Christel walking with the mysterious box left in the drive way. We wanted it to be short and included different camera angles. I filmed Christel walking up with the box then put the camera in the box to show a low angle looking up at her.  We had to do this a few times since actually having it in the box wasn’t working because the angle was weird and we couldn’t hear the dialogue. I took the top of the box and covered the camera and moved the lid to act as if she was opening  it.

The next part of the scene was Kieron noticing Tae. For this part Christel begins with reading the note then Kieron acts shocked and points. We had to redo this scene because there wasn’t enough emotion and the second time was definitely better.

After that we filmed the Christel opening the gift but a lot went wrong so I think I’m going to keep the original scene.

The last scene we filmed was the final scene in the film. We used a shot reverse shot to Christel and Kieron arguing because the first time we filmed it, it was all over the place. Before we filed this me and Felisha wrote up a quick script so they can follow instead of trying to improvise. This scene took us a couple of tries since they kept laughing , but I like how this scene turned out. The last we filmed was the groups reaction to seeing Chatae. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog